Tuesday 26 February 2008

Northern Rock Fiasco






Is it just me or does anyone else think that the management at Northern Rock have come out of this monetary car crash with their pockets well and truly lined and receiving no more than a stern telling off by a bunch of suits?

I don't see any mortgage lenders being bailed out in America in the same way unless someone can give me information to the contrary?

I do see a lot of press, bashing politicians for their handling of the situation, but surely the blame must be put squarely at the door of the Northern Rock management and their woefully inadequate contingency planning. The doors were falling off long before this hit the press.

I shouldn't really care as I don't have a mortgage or anything else to do with Northern Rock but it really will piss me off when I see Matt Ridley & Adam Applegarth and the rest of the brilliant management team back in full time employment.

Stability in the London Finance market?

Please.

No comments: